Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Not Dead....must be stronger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Y-FbeCX14  I love this Kelly Clarkson song and put it on my running playlist.  I sang it out loud in my mind LOL while I was running on the treadmill tonight.

It was followed by what has become my mantra for this month http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBOJpIwF47Y  I love the song Fighter by Christina Aguilera.  It actually makes me think of my trainer and then I laugh.  I sang this one to myself while I was on the stairmaster.

..and then finally finishing on the bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBZICTaUmU0  Blackout by Breathe Carolina.  My current crazy cardio day from my trainer is 20 minutes each on three different pieces of equipment.


I working on focusing on the best I can be and not planning my life around what others think I should be.  Today I know I can run 1.5 miles, do 35 flights of stairs on the stair master, and bike 8 miles and enjoy myself.  Three years ago I couldn't walk up three flights of stairs after a fire drill.  Is my body perfect?  No!  But the progress is significant and I like that - I'm not dead, I'm a fighter!

I needed a pair of ear plugs last night!  The snacks called my name and boy did I listen.  Today I've been faithful to eat within my calorie range, log my food, and be honest about the fact that I didn't do that yesterday.  I am not perfect and I do not expect to be.  The thing that has changed for me these last three years is one day of random weird eating doesn't freak me out.  I get up the next morning and decide....

Where is my future going to lead me today?  I get to choose each day and yesterday didn't have any impact on my ability to make healthy choices today.

So are you a fighter?  Will you look at your day tomorrow and make some good choices for your future?

No comments:

Post a Comment