Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Photo Food blogging

I find that when I need a little more accountability with eating right tat there are two things that can keep me on track.  One is logging everything I eat on the Nutrition Tracker in SparkPeople, and the other is blogging about what I'm doing.  So here's how my day went:

I got in my upper body weights this morning before church.  I've stayed on track with my meals and snacks today.  I didn't photograph everything I ate, but here is some of it:


I had a few of last night's shrimp with my salad and grilled fresh sweet corn for lunch.  I'm continuing to enjoy the baby kale and sunflower sprouts that I bought at Whole Foods.  I'd say those are a keeper. 

I keep chocolate in my life - this is one of my favorite snacks for that.  Whole Wheat mini-bagel toasted and topped with 1 T almond butter, and 1 T Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips.  I had a blood orange with that.

For dinner we had grilled chicken and tried the purple potatoes that I bought.  I tossed those in olive oil with sliced onions, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary.  I think the texture is creamier than white potatoes.  An interesting fact that I didn't know was that these potatoes have 85% of your daily requirement for Calcium.  I also learned today that onions have quercetin (found in apple peels).  It's also found in green tea - and I did try my green tea powder in my protein shake this morning.  Several lab studies have found tat quercetin may have anti-inflammatory properties.

My song of the day for working out:  The Definition of Me by Mandisa.  You can find it on YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhx1XfAj3AQ  It's definitely a song that can get me moving.

So in the end it was a good day as far as my healthy journey is concerned.  I like that I have tried new veggies, new recipes, worked out and got in all my water for the day. 

Now off to enjoy some football.  How did you do on your journey today?

No comments:

Post a Comment