Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Call my name and save me...

I was motivated to write today by the words in a song on my workout playlist.  You can find the words here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezAhZhv7v0 

The song is called Bring me to life by Evanescence.  It's a little more rock than I usually listen to, but this one always hits me in the core.  Here are the words to a few lines:

Wake me up inside, call my name and save me from the dark....save me from the nothing I've become.

I related to that when I first started my weight loss journey.  I needed help to wake me up from the nothing that I felt like I had become.  Since I post this on FB, Twitter, and SparkPeople, there may be someone who stumbles across this who isn't on a weight loss journey.  My question is are you wondering if there is something more in some other area of your life? 

"I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside".  Something about this song shouted to me to wake up and live the life I wanted.  Even if all the odds were stacked against me, and no one around supported the changes, I wanted to be woken up and live - in this instance healthy and free to move.





Do you need a light to pull you out of your darkness?  Consider this your wake up call...one lone blogger calling out your name saying wake up! 

One other song I like is by a guy named Matthew West and it's called The Motions.  Here are a few lines from that one:

"Cause just ok is not enough.. help me fight through the nothingness of this life...I don't wanna go thru the motions - I don't wanna spend my whole life asking what if I had given everything - instead of  through the motions?"

I wish I understood what the light in the darkness was that spoke to me and kept me going for the last three years.  I'd give it away constantly to others.  I'm thinking in particular of one friend tonight, who asks for help and yet still talks from both sides of the mouth.  One side says help me I want this and the other finds excuses not to do the right thing to reach for health.  Staring down is a future of illness and potentially regret. I wish I knew how to call out that name in the darkness tonight and inspire the growth that I see the potential for.

Don't get me wrong - I have made a bazillion fabulous excuses in my life and some during the last three years - heck even today I'm sure.  The thing that keeps me going is that the excuses to not workout and not eat right are fewer and far between.  Having lost all this weight, I feel the gift of health and enjoy it everyday.  That is not a gift I'm willing to give up for another day of being obese and unhealthy.

I liked the candle in the hands picture because the shape looks like a heart to me.  Love and light - showing the way in the darkness. 

So today - whenever you read this - get out the colors and create a new future for yourself.  Dream big and make a plan, because the only one holding you back is you.

Which way will you go?  Will you stay in the rut that your life has become?  Will you seek out a new direction and chase your dreams?

Is there a better time than now to stop making excuses and to make plans?  Is there a better time to take action?  Is there a better time to stop living the lie?

If anyone had a right to make an excuse it would be this woman in the picture...but guess what?  She's a world famous triathlete who competed in the Ironman in Hawaii - one of the most difficult races on earth.  So really...what is your obstacle that you can't find a way to overcome? 

WAKE UP!

Wishing you the best life there is for you to live,

Michelene

No comments:

Post a Comment